CLSA Central Valley Chapter Meeting Information
You will find details on the February meeting of the CLSA Central Valley Chapter below. Please contact any of the chapter officers with questions about the meeting.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, at 6:30 PM
- Location: Perko's in Modesto (901 North Carpenter Road)
- Speaker: Ric Moore, BPELSG
- Topic: Unreferenced Monuments on Corner Records?
You can download the meeting notice here in pdf format.
You can download the meeting minutes here in pdf format.
You can download the Treasurer's Report here in pdf format.
- October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs to the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- January 5, 2011 Response by the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors to the October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs.
- February 18, 2010 letter from California Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors to Kelsoe and Associates.
- 1990 Memorandum on tagging of monuments which first addresses obligation of a land surveyor to file a record of survey for an untagged, unreferenced monument.
- Board Rule 464
- Section 8771 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- Section 8773 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- 1999 Memorandum on Record of Survey Filing Requirements and the Discovery of Unrecorded Monuments.
About the Speaker:
Richard B. Moore PLS spent the first 16 years of his surveying education practicing under licensed land surveyors in Colorado, Arizona, Massachusetts and California. Since obtaining his license in 1996, he has developed specific expertise in boundary, A.L.T.A. and topographic surveying, utility mapping, right-of-way, public works, commercial, residential, construction staking and Geographic Information System (GIS) projects. He served two terms on the Land Surveyors Technical Advisory Committee for the Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors from 2003-2006 and is currently the Senior Land Surveyor Registrar for the Board, where his responsibilities include applicant licensing approval, overseeing development and administration of the State licensing examinations, technical review of licensing enforcement, professional and consumer outreach. Prior to this, he dedicated time as a Team Member for the development of the State Specific Exam from 1998-2006. He has served on the Chapter Board for the Channel Islands Chapter of CLSA including Chapter President in 2006.
Central Valley Chapter wins Chapter of the Year at 2014 CLSA Conference
Our Newsletter "The Prism" March 2014
Won it's 2nd Newletter of the year Award at 2014 CLSA Conference
California Surveyor: "Spring 2014"
BPELSG BULLETIN: November 2013
Railroad - Fee or Easement?MARVIN M. BRANDT REVOCABLE TRUST et al. v. UNITED STATES
Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013 signed by President 3/21/14.
Proposed Changes Board Rule 416"Conviction of a crime" vs. "Crimes or acts"
Complete Document - 20140212 Meeting Materials
Contact the board with your views
New in the Library:Merced County - County Surveyor opens File Share (adds Corner Records, Monument Ties, unrecorded surveys and more)
Stanislaus County - updated maps
San Joaquin County - added Widdows Field Books
S.M.U.D. Survey Eng. TechCloses April 21
O'Dell Engineeringis looking for a Survey Project Manager & an Assistant Surveyor for their Fresno office.
Also a party chief for their Modesto and Pleasanton offices.
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year - 2012