CLSA Central Valley Chapter Meeting Information
You will find details on the February meeting of the CLSA Central Valley Chapter below. Please contact any of the chapter officers with questions about the meeting.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, at 6:30 PM
- Location: Perko's in Modesto (901 North Carpenter Road)
- Speaker: Ric Moore, BPELSG
- Topic: Unreferenced Monuments on Corner Records?
You can download the meeting notice here in pdf format.
You can download the meeting minutes here in pdf format.
You can download the Treasurer's Report here in pdf format.
- October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs to the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- January 5, 2011 Response by the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors to the October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs.
- February 18, 2010 letter from California Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors to Kelsoe and Associates.
- 1990 Memorandum on tagging of monuments which first addresses obligation of a land surveyor to file a record of survey for an untagged, unreferenced monument.
- Board Rule 464
- Section 8771 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- Section 8773 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- 1999 Memorandum on Record of Survey Filing Requirements and the Discovery of Unrecorded Monuments.
About the Speaker:
Richard B. Moore PLS spent the first 16 years of his surveying education practicing under licensed land surveyors in Colorado, Arizona, Massachusetts and California. Since obtaining his license in 1996, he has developed specific expertise in boundary, A.L.T.A. and topographic surveying, utility mapping, right-of-way, public works, commercial, residential, construction staking and Geographic Information System (GIS) projects. He served two terms on the Land Surveyors Technical Advisory Committee for the Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors from 2003-2006 and is currently the Senior Land Surveyor Registrar for the Board, where his responsibilities include applicant licensing approval, overseeing development and administration of the State licensing examinations, technical review of licensing enforcement, professional and consumer outreach. Prior to this, he dedicated time as a Team Member for the development of the State Specific Exam from 1998-2006. He has served on the Chapter Board for the Channel Islands Chapter of CLSA including Chapter President in 2006.
City of Turlock announcesNew Monument Preservation Policy
Our Newsletter "The Prism" May 2015
California Surveyor: "Spring 2015"
BPELSG Bulletin: Spring 2015
BPELSG Proposed Changes to Board RuleSection 438 of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations
R.E.Y. Engineers, Inc., Sacramentois looking for Surveyors
Santa Clara County Surveyor addsSBE Maps
Cadastral Corner Records (with links)
Out of (Santa Clara) County Maps
from the Hermann records - mostly San Joaquin County, so far.
New in the Library:Added Historical FEMA Maps Stanislaus, Mercd and San Joaquin Counties
Stanislaus County - Started adding Unfiled Surveys from DF Engineering archives
City of Modesto - Added Block Books (County Surveyors copy)
San Joaquin County - updated ROS, PM, M&P, Corner Records
Tuolumne County - Updates to Corner Records/ROS/Parcel Maps
added UR files
Sacramento County - updated record maps/corner records
added Unrecorded Maps
Tulare County - Added County Surveyor link/record maps
Adopt-A-RoadLast Clean-up: March 7, 2015
From Gary Hall @ Smart Vents, a follow-up Guide:Non-Engineered Opening Guide.pdf
Senate Bill 1467 (Chapter 400 - 2014)Copy of text file
Upcoming WorkshopsTopic: GPS, Geodesy, and the Ghost in the Machine
- Speaker: Michael Dennis, PLS
- June 26th - Sacramento, CA
Topic: Railroads 101
- Speaker: Charlie Tucker
- August 7 - Santa Rosa, CA
Mark your calendars!
Registration and program information coming soon
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year - 2012-2014