CLSA Central Valley Chapter Meeting Information
You will find details on the February meeting of the CLSA Central Valley Chapter below. Please contact any of the chapter officers with questions about the meeting.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, at 6:30 PM
- Location: Perko's in Modesto (901 North Carpenter Road)
- Speaker: Ric Moore, BPELSG
- Topic: Unreferenced Monuments on Corner Records?
You can download the meeting notice here in pdf format.
You can download the meeting minutes here in pdf format.
You can download the Treasurer's Report here in pdf format.
- October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs to the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- January 5, 2011 Response by the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors to the October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs.
- February 18, 2010 letter from California Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors to Kelsoe and Associates.
- 1990 Memorandum on tagging of monuments which first addresses obligation of a land surveyor to file a record of survey for an untagged, unreferenced monument.
- Board Rule 464
- Section 8771 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- Section 8773 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- 1999 Memorandum on Record of Survey Filing Requirements and the Discovery of Unrecorded Monuments.
About the Speaker:
Richard B. Moore PLS spent the first 16 years of his surveying education practicing under licensed land surveyors in Colorado, Arizona, Massachusetts and California. Since obtaining his license in 1996, he has developed specific expertise in boundary, A.L.T.A. and topographic surveying, utility mapping, right-of-way, public works, commercial, residential, construction staking and Geographic Information System (GIS) projects. He served two terms on the Land Surveyors Technical Advisory Committee for the Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors from 2003-2006 and is currently the Senior Land Surveyor Registrar for the Board, where his responsibilities include applicant licensing approval, overseeing development and administration of the State licensing examinations, technical review of licensing enforcement, professional and consumer outreach. Prior to this, he dedicated time as a Team Member for the development of the State Specific Exam from 1998-2006. He has served on the Chapter Board for the Channel Islands Chapter of CLSA including Chapter President in 2006.
ADOPT-A-ROAD CLEAN-UP DAYSaturday June 4th
9:am to Noon
2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards WorkshopThe purpose of this seminar is to examine the New 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards and to explore their real purpose and value - not only to the title insurance industry, but to the surveying profession and its clients, as well.
Instructor: Gary Kent, PLS, chair of the committees on the ALTA/ACSM Standards for both NSPS and ALTA.
Saturday June 25, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PDT
Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
5115 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Forum on the Future of SurveyingAlthough CLSA was not a participant in the initial FFOS meeting, members are encouraged to participate in a comprehensive questionnaire developed from the initial meeting prior to May 31.
Merced County SurveyorSteve Reichmuth announces that Zach Janz has accepted the County’s offer to be the next County Surveyor.
Congratulations to Zach.
Steve, thanks for your years of professional service. Your expertise will be missed.
Warren Smith, County Surveyorfor San Joaquin County releases new Guide to the Preparation of Maps
Next Scouting Merit Badge SessionWill be August 27th
Central Valley Chapter Awarded Chapter of the Year at 2016 Convention
Our Newsletter "The Prism" May 2016
California Surveyor: "Fall 2015"
BPELSG Bulletin: Spring 2016
New in the Library:Tuolumne County - Updated Record Maps and Corner Records, added Mineral Surveys
San Joaquin County - added Filed Map Footprints
updated February 2016 Guide to the Preparation of Maps
updated ROS, PM, M&P, Corner Records
Madera County - updated Record maps
Santa Clara County - updated Record maps and Corner Records
Sacramento County - added link to Geographical Map Index
Fresno County - updated record maps
Stanislaus County - updated record maps
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year - 2012-2014