CLSA Central Valley Chapter Meeting Information
You will find details on the February meeting of the CLSA Central Valley Chapter below. Please contact any of the chapter officers with questions about the meeting.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, at 6:30 PM
- Location: Perko's in Modesto (901 North Carpenter Road)
- Speaker: Ric Moore, BPELSG
- Topic: Unreferenced Monuments on Corner Records?
You can download the meeting notice here in pdf format.
You can download the meeting minutes here in pdf format.
You can download the Treasurer's Report here in pdf format.
- October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs to the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- January 5, 2011 Response by the State Board of Engineers and Land Surveyors to the October 25, 2010 letter from David Hobbs.
- February 18, 2010 letter from California Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors to Kelsoe and Associates.
- 1990 Memorandum on tagging of monuments which first addresses obligation of a land surveyor to file a record of survey for an untagged, unreferenced monument.
- Board Rule 464
- Section 8771 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- Section 8773 of the Land Surveyors' Act
- 1999 Memorandum on Record of Survey Filing Requirements and the Discovery of Unrecorded Monuments.
About the Speaker:
Richard B. Moore PLS spent the first 16 years of his surveying education practicing under licensed land surveyors in Colorado, Arizona, Massachusetts and California. Since obtaining his license in 1996, he has developed specific expertise in boundary, A.L.T.A. and topographic surveying, utility mapping, right-of-way, public works, commercial, residential, construction staking and Geographic Information System (GIS) projects. He served two terms on the Land Surveyors Technical Advisory Committee for the Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors from 2003-2006 and is currently the Senior Land Surveyor Registrar for the Board, where his responsibilities include applicant licensing approval, overseeing development and administration of the State licensing examinations, technical review of licensing enforcement, professional and consumer outreach. Prior to this, he dedicated time as a Team Member for the development of the State Specific Exam from 1998-2006. He has served on the Chapter Board for the Channel Islands Chapter of CLSA including Chapter President in 2006.
Wayne G. Sutton, LS 3863It is with the utmost sadness that I have to pass on that Wayne G. Sutton, LS 3863, my friend and mentor, after a long and brave struggle, passed on Monday morning (August 25th) at Central Valley Specialty Hospital in Modesto. He was surrounded by his family. He leaves a huge void in our surveying community. His knowledge and leadership will missed by all.
More information from Fran
Wayne's Modesto Bee Obituary
CLSA By-Laws Revisionshave been mailed. Please review, vote and return prior to September 10.
Our Newsletter "The Prism" July 2014
New California Surveyor: "Spring 2014"
BPELSG Bulletin: Summer 2014
BPELSG Strategic Plan: Adopted: July 31, 2014
New California Appellate Court caseStresses the importance of "following the footsteps of the original surveyor"
Michael Baker InternationalIs looking for a Manager of Surveying Geomatics
in Sacramento or Walnut Creek, CA
New in the Library:Merced County - updated record maps
added Swamp & Overflow Directory
Mariposa County - updated maps
San Joaquin County - updated ROS, PM, M&P, Corner Records
Upcoming WorkshopsEvolution of NAD 83 & Coping w/ Changing Positional Coordinates
Evolution of NAD 83 in the United States & Coping w/ Changing Positional Coordinates Due to Crustal Motion
Speaker: Dr. Richard Snay
Register online - Oakland (September 17th)
CLSA-CSRC Workshop - Get a Grip – Keeping Control of Your Work
October 3rd - Ontario ~ October 10th - Oakland
Registration not yet available.
Upcoming WebinarsFree for CLSA Members
Tidal Datums, and Mapping Sea Level Rise
Speaker: Curt Burfield, PLS
August 28th 12:00-1:30pm
Understanding the Test Plan for the LS Exam. How to Know if the Person You’re Signing a Reference for is Ready to be Licensed
Speaker: Ray Mathe, PLS
September 10th 12:00-1:30pm
CSU Fresno Survey Program
Speaker: Dr. Munjy
October 2nd 12:00-1:30pm
Register Online for any/all
CLSA Chapter Website of the Year